Optix Business Management
Automation Test Engineer
Development Team Lead
We are looking for a motivated and passionate Automated Test Engineer with a solid foundation and experience in test automation.
As the role is initially a hybrid your day-to-day tasks will vary depending on the project’s requirements. You will at times be required to work as a manual tester to support to projects deadlines; however, you will also a large part of the Automation team, creating and developing automated tests and delivering your own regression suites to support Optix continuous integration workflow.
Essential Skills and Experience (in no particular order)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience using workflow management software such as TFS, JIRA, Azure DevOps
- Experience writing test scripts in BDD
- Strong manual testing experience in Web, Mobile and API testing
- Experience in C# and .NET
- Experience using test automation tools Selenium, Visual Studio, Specflow
- Experience with GIT source control
- Functional, integration and regression
- Strong SQL skills
- Solid understanding of the full Software Development Lifecycle
- Ability to manage your own workload and deadlines
- Ability to look beyond the UI for Bugs and potential issues
- A curiosity for new technologies and techniques and actively keeping yourself up to date
(some technologies we use at Optix include RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch, GraphQL and FusionAuth)
Desirable Skills and Experience (in no particular order and by no means essential)
- Experience working with multiple API’s and services
- Exposure to Docker
- Exposure of testing WinForms applications
- Exposure to maintaining automation test scripts
- Ability to design automated test suites
- Exposure in testing & automating Web applications UIs and APIs
- Have an interest or experience in performance testing and other non-functional testing activities
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays (increasing to 30 days with long term service)
- Pension Scheme (auto enrolment with Royal London – 4% employer contribution)
- Private Healthcare Corporate scheme with Vitality Healthcare
- Life Cover
- Modern working environment with state of the art offices
- On-site parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Bike storage
- Remote working
- Flexitime (core hours of 10am – 3pm)
- Access to Pluralsight for personal development
- Modern kitchen facilities
- Pool, table tennis and table football
- Pizza Thursdays
- Frequent socials (when not in pandemic)
- Free eye exams (from Viewpoint, York)
Optix is the leading provider of business management software for Opticians in the UK. Our goal is to fulfil all our customer’s technology needs and deliver great software that enables opticians to run profitable businesses and provide excellent clinical care.
This includes the management of clinical processes, sensitive patient data, and integrating with complex medical equipment: alongside delivering comprehensive marketing, stock management, business intelligence and financial management features.
We are trusted by hundreds of Opticians across the country, from small independent practices to large multi-nationals. Our success has been built on word-of-mouth from our extremely satisfied client base: we employ no salespeople and focus solely on developing quality products that sell themselves.
We work in a collaborative team where everyone’s input is welcomed and encouraged. As a member of our development team, you will also be expected to contribute towards the improvement of our organisation by proactively driving improvements in architecture, design, process, tooling, and strategy. We value and encourage continual personal development within our teams and love learning new tech and are always on the lookout for better ways of doing things. We also provide training opportunities to help you improve your skills.
- An informal video or phone chat to make sure that the opportunity at Optix is right for you and is something you are excited about.
- Usually a technical test, dependant on role, to make sure you are technically the right fit for us.
- A formal face to face interview - should national or local restrictions inhibit face to face interviews we will conduct interviews via video call.
If you are excited by our opportunity and ready to make a real difference, we would love to hear from you.
Contact Tom Bean or Callum Atkinson
Telephone: 01904 606606