Do you want to use the latest technology and help guide the future of a global software company?
Lead Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Location - Manchester, UK Office
About the role
Our client has created a flexible and scalable solution that has more than 1.5m users and has revolutionised the way companies communicate, collaborate, share knowledge and streamline internal processes.
With Headquarters in the UK, they operate globally and are one of the fastest growing software companies in the world to-date. They have built a strong reputation of delivering successful and collaborative solutions to leading companies!
A little about you...
- Experience of Leading an AWS Cloud function with a truly hands-on approach, and innovative mind-set.
- Experience managing a Devops team to support a 24/7 function.
- Experience in AWS, Azure or any other cloud platform.
- Expertise in system administration with a high skill-set in troubleshooting and configuring.
- A proven track-record in managing a Cloud spend – ideally multi-million pound.
- Expertise in Code – Terraform or similar.
- Experienced with running Docker, or similar, in Production.
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment skills in Git/Github or similar; Jenkins, SVN, etc.
- Experience of designing, implementing, deploying and monitoring AWS cloud platforms.
- Hands-on experience of making changes within a production environment with a focus on best practices and limiting down-time.
- An analytical skill-set with an mind-set to analyse network performance and application issues.
- Experience with distributed systems design, maintenance, disaster recovery and an ability to manage updates where required.
- You will be a Lead member of the team responsible for the reliability, availability and performance of our AWS cloud platform and services.
- You will manage a team of DevOps based professionals in the day to day management of the site.
- You will have on-call responsibilities which you will manage with your team.
- Lead & support with architecture & design managing the operational reliability of our AWS cloud platform for their customers.
- You will set key departmental priorities.
- You will manage a multi-million pound annual cloud spend.
- Take ownership in nurturing and supporting a scalable AWS cloud platform to support their customers.
- Collaborate with Engineering, IT Security and the architecture teams and our wider customer base to set up a best in class cloud platform and aid in the delivery of usage training and support to the wider business.
- Work with Engineering to ensure the reliability of future product releases and internal projects are successful.
- Develop new, exciting features for platform improvements leveraging automation and infrastructure as code
Apply today or call Will on 07923288317 to find out more!