Job Title: Business Analyst
Department: Technical Sales
Reports to: Sales Manager
Who We Are:
We are a Microsoft Gold Partner based in the north of England.
We're a forward-thinking technology partner and software development house specialising in the areas of Azure, CRM, SharePoint, Applications & bespoke web parts & portals, SQL Server, Power BI, Office365, Ecommerce & websites and MS exchange amongst a whole host of other skills and technologies.
With vast expertise, knowledge and over 150 years combined experience, we work with clients on both project and consultancy basis, or as an extension of your development team.
Candour Solutions are looking for a Business Analyst to join our Technical Sales team. As a member of the Technical Sales team you will be working directly with the Sales team to accurate gather and document user requirements for software projects. You will assist in writing proposals for customers and specifications for the Project Team.
Our Ideal Candidate
- You will be experienced in elucidating and clearly documenting user requirements.
- You will have a solid understanding of technical documentation and how to illustrate processes, data models, process flows and user stories.
- You will be adaptable. As a software agency we get requests to do weird and wonderful things with weird and wonderful technologies. This should excite you.
- You will have an appetite to learn and to share your findings. Working with us provides a lot of variety. Combined with regular knowledge sharing sessions, this is a great opportunity to learn.
Roles and responsibilities
- To work closely with other members of the Sales and Projects Teams by understanding your own contribution to the team’s goals, taking ownership of any potential problems to ensure they are resolved.
- Lead and facilitate meetings and workshops of varying sizes and composition to ensure that all stakeholders’ needs are captured and recorded.
- To design technically and document aspects of the software project, including but not limited to database, business rules and presentation. Documentation must be produced to a high level of accuracy, be unambiguous, and kept up to date.
- Bridge the gap between the customer and delivery teams, and support the Project Team during the project lifecycle.
- To act as a center of excellence in terms of the essential competency skills shown below in order to provide expertise which will enable the organization to plan appropriately.
- To identify and highlight where productivity gains can be achieved either through new techniques or adoption of tools or techniques.
- To help the project managers identify and write test plans.
- To work on multiple streams of work, achieving deliverables to agreed timescales.
- To be aware of current trends and new technologies within the industry and keep skills up to date through self-study and research.
- To perform other functions as required by line manager or senior management.
Skills and Requirements
- Ability to communicate well with non-technical users and developers alike, written and verbal.
- Good business facing and stakeholder management skills.
- Previous experience of writing Functional & Technical specifications.
- Previous experience of Process Mapping (BPI) – ‘As is’ & ‘To be’ processes.
- Previous experience of workshop facilitation and presenting to an audience.
- Experience of multiple projects and business users
- Experience of working in demanding user and software development environments
- An appreciation of analysis methodologies, standards, tools and techniques
- Experience of System and User Acceptance Testing
- Good understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of Website development, Azure, Dynamics CRM, SharePoint.
- UML process modelling knowledge
What it's like:
- Two development teams, project (samurai) and product (ninja)
- Agile approach, Scrum for projects, Kanban for product.
- Relaxed environment
- Regular SUKS (stand up knowledge share) sessions encouraged
- Flexible working hours
- Arcade machine
If interested, or know anyone that might be, please get in touch with a full CV and phone number or email to discuss further. Full JD and company info can be provided.