Candour have been engaged by a true leader in their field to source an experienced Devops Engineer – to join their thriving York based team.
These guys have been going from strength to strength throughout the last 6 months of turmoil and have such a strong product range that continuing escalating product sales are brought in through word of mouth alone – zero sales staff.
Two days WFH is on offer from the offset with the potential for more once the successful candidate gets settled.
The technical nous we’re after:
- Firm grasp and experience on Source control (Git, BitBucket, Svn, VSTS)
- Experience setting up and administering CI and CD pipelines (Jenkins, Octopus Deploy) (Bonus for TFS/VSTS/Azure DevOps)
- Infrastructure Automation and Provisioning
- Scripting (PowerShell, Bash etc)
- Orchestration & Containerisation Concepts
- Experience working with multiple API’s (ideally working with both microservice architecture, and traditional monoliths)
- Deployments & Release Management
Any experience of supporting an MS infrastructure stack would be a bonus but far from essential.
This is a hands-on role where you can plan your own work and work closely with the Head of Development and other senior members of the team to contribute to the continuous improvement of the development function as a whole, predominantly the CI/CD pipelines for all software. In addition, you will oversee the orchestration of the internal cloud infrastructure (vSphere).
Ideally you will have come from a development background, and have an understanding of the problems faced by developers (and Testers) day to day in the development lifecycle.
The Winops Engineer will be the "go to" resource in this area who will be tasked with driving this forward and implementing their own ideas.
A full job description and company information is available to enthusiastic professionals meeting the above minimum criteria, please apply in the first instance with your latest CV outlining your salary expectations & availability for an immediate response.